Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pop Culture & Thanatos [Death]


I've noticed a great increase in 'pop culture' witches; witches who use pop culture, music, TV shows/movies to influence their magic (i.e. using Harry Potter spells, using lyrics as invocations, etc.).

Being the music fanatic that I am, I realized there are quite a few songs that would best suit some of the deities I am devoted to, mainly Thanatos. One in particular- que the 'Supernatural' fandom- would be 'O Death' by Jen Titus. A song used as a basis for Death's introduction on the Supernatural TV series, I resonated with it quite well because it wasn't too out there or crazy.

Now, this being said, this song is one I listen to when practicing Death Magick or working with Thanatos Himself. I think He quite enjoys the song too. For those who are looking for ritual music for Death that isn't too crazy, this might just be the perfect fit for you! It would also be great to recite as a form of poetry or an invocation, depending upon your tastes and/or needs.

The Lyrics:

O Death, O Death, O Death,

Won't you spare me over til another year?

But what is this, that I cant see?

With ice cold hands taking hold of me...

When God is gone and the Devil takes hold,

Who will have mercy on your soul?

O Death, O Death, O Death,

(O Death)

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold.

Nothing satisfies me but your soul.

O Death,

Well I am Death, none can excel,

I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

O Death, O Death,

My name is Death and the end is here...




It is a more serious toned song, and is rather short, so it is suitable for those who aren't too into pop culture magick. But, I wanted to introduce a small idea for death witches who might work with Thanatos.

No comments:

Post a Comment