Thursday, November 12, 2015

First Meditation with Death (2014)



I am at the river, and I decided to sit on the docks, the furthest point IN the water, to sit and meditate, feeling the ebb and flow of the water while looking out into the endless darkness of the water blending seamlessly with the night.

I turned on my meditation music and attempted to focus. I couldn't. Took me at least 3 tries before anything came to me.

I played 'O Death' by Jen Titus and closed my eyes...drifting off into meditation. It was a dark cemetery gate, which I seemed to move through as if it were a portal. Once there, I stopped in my tracks, as Death stood in a dimly lit area in the moonlight as His Grim Reaper form. I was immediately drawn to him and began to walk to him. As I approached I felt the need to kneel or bow or something, but a moment in His presense told me it wasn't necessary.
We stood in silence for a moment before He suddenly raised His hand, offering me a Poppy flower. As I took it, still in awe, he immediately shifted into what I like to call His "business man" appearance. He simply gave a smirk, placed a finger to His lips in a "shh" motion before grabbing my shoulders and turning me around.
Still holding my shoulders I was now faced with a large crowd of people with blank expressions.
I had to open my eyes at this point because I felt as if I was barely breathing.

1 comment: